Tuesday, September 08, 2009

London, England

Back on home turf. I'm nervous about it. I'm nervous because today was such a beautiful day, not once but three times i commented on how the weather was fu*king with me. It was especially sunny & warm, something i know it never is, but as i struggle to decide where i want to settle it seemed to show me London in all it's beautiful glory. At times my chest hurt as i thought about moving back permanently.

A working morning, Lunch with JT in Soho and a brief sit in Regents Park. Shoes off in the grass. Sun on my face. Book in my hand. Same pose as i moved East to Spitalfields where i sat on the grass and people watched between pages as i waited for TC.

TC didn't help matters with his walk along the river. The pair of us were both battling sobriety and as we passed pubs that lined the river, full of workers having cheeky pints we almost gave in. I know i wanted to. Even beer looked appealing on such a warm day as they bubbled and flowed in peoples hands, sun shining through highlighting the burnt amber liquid. The plan was that TC was going to teach me how to use the new but old Polaroid 340 camera he bought me. Alas it was not to be as it seems the camera is faulty. Such a shame as it was a fantastic day for polaroids, it seemed all around there were great faces and places to document. I'm optimistic it will be fixed though. Forever the optimist.

This led us to just walk and talk instead, dropping by previously unknown to me passageways. TC is the first person i know to show me parts of London even I didn't know about! I know! I hardly thought it was possible! I have become rusty after my years away but still. Impressive knowledge of the Royal Mint too.

We caved to alcoholic beverages at the local Thai place. No way i could eat without a glass of wine or 3. Met up with R and hung out at The Golden Calf and some colorful locals. A pretty perfect day in London for me. I even managed to catch the last train home. Home is with Nanny Madeleine. She makes the best flat mate.


Listening to: Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place

Reading: The Rough Guide to Croatia

No comments: