Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Milwaukee,WI

I like Milwaukee, It has a nice vibe to it, it also has great beer, cheese a very impressive art museum and most importantly Milwaukee has Bridget . I met Bridget through Tina aka swissmiss, like me she likes the wine which makes her fab in my book. I spent some quality time with her this year when we went to Tina's wedding in Switzerland . Great fun. Shame i didn't have a blog then.
Unfortunately due to a 100 outstanding emails for me and family in town for her, we won't be causing any mischief. Milwaukee is safe for tonight.

I'm staying in the Holiday Inn Downtown. I prefer boutique hotels but i'm also a priorty card member and the temptation of going from Gold Level to Platinum is too great, i only have 6 qualifying nights to go.I don't even know that i'll use the points for free hotel stays i only know that loyalty cards are like crack. I can't get enough.
A Gold member gives you a certain amount of priviledges. After i checked in, I stepped into a packed elevator and saw a sign "please enter room key for access to 10th floor". I look at my key and my rooms located on the 10th floor. All eyes turned to me as i swiped my key and the 10th floor button lit up. I know that just like me everyone in that packed elevator was wondering what joys the 10th floor held. A penthouse suite with floor to ceiling windows and a personal butler, perhaps a hot tub and a masseur on hand? A happening VIP party with free drinks and a celebrity chef about to whisk me up a 5 course meal? The anticipation was building as i 7, 8 and 9.
Alas, i fear the only thing different from my room to the 9th floor rooms is that i get a complimentary pack of Chex Mix and i don't have to pay for the bottled water.

A relatively easy travel day. After my meeting i drove the same route back to Madison that i took last night and then out the otherside about an hour to Downtown Milwaukee.

Miles Travelled:175

Temperature: 11 f

Time Zone: Central

Listening to:
I forgot my ipod so had to rely on radio which was tough but sometimes you can find some jewels. I found a great indie station that played some Super Furry Animals and Pavement before it faded out to be replaced by a Kenny Chesney soundalike. NPR is always good but it was Magic 98 that gave me the belters. I sang my heart out to Eric Claptons - Layla, air punched my way through Def Leppards - Pour some sugar on me but i turned 15 again as i car-seat-swayed to George Michaels - Careless Whisper.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you couldn't get together with BB! Boo hoo! - swissmiss

Anonymous said...

Sam, two things:
the minute you start blogging, you TELL ME.
the minute you come to London, you TELL ME.
xxx - martina

Anonymous said...

and thank you for including playlists!